Thank you for your interest in Merrick House. We appreciate your support. While monetary donations are sincerely appreciated and the most flexible for our organization, we do have items of need to support our different program areas:
- Gift Cards to Walmart, Target, Giant Eagle, Dave's Supermarket, Staples or Office Depot are always helpful and provide the most flexibility to meet our needs.
- RTA bus passes are always welcome so we may provide to participants for transportation needs.
- Event passes/tickets will allow us to take our children on field trips and outings (i.e. Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, Great Lakes Science Center...)
Adult Education and Workforce Development:
- Laptops (9) with core i3 processor, at least 4 GB Ram, and a hard drive capacity of 500GB with USB ports and a headphone/mics.
- Laptop Charging Cart
- LCD Projector (In focus, IN100-series Digital projector)
- 60" Smart TV with adjustable wall mount (to connect with Workforce Development Partners)
Early Childhood Education:
- New infant spoons/forks
- New pacifiers
- Plastic Spray Bottles
- Clear Packing Tape
- Glue Sticks
- Black permanent Markers
- Construction Paper
- Bulletin Board Paper and Borders
- Arts and Crafts for 3 to 5 year olds for 10 or more children
- Preschool software for computers
- Construction Paper
- Arts and crafts projects for 3 to 5 year olds for 10 or more children
- 6 Laptops
- Folders (Noodle Soup)
- Diapers and Wipes
- Microphone & Speakers
- Office phone with/headset
- Plastic Storage Bins
- 6 Office Chairs
- Coloring books & Crayons/Markers
- Greenhouse supplies for our new greenhouse which is 8' X 12' to extend the growing season and to educate year round for our Healthy Eating Initiative & Entrepreneurship program for youth and Early Childhood Education - including tables, tools, shelving, lighting and flooring.
- Branch removal and trimming so that the backyard is safe and weather and damage proof. This will also benefit the garden with more hours of sunlight.
- Lawn Mower
- Transform a room into a concession stand to serve as another entrepreneurship opportunity and to provide a funding stream for all programs at Merrick House
- College tours - we would like to broaden our college tour radius. If you are an alumni of a particular school and would like to provide our youth with a campus visit or overnight stay, we would welcome donations for mileage and/or van rental, lodging and food.
- Wrestling mat to be used for activitiies such as tumbling, martial arts classes, and tournaments
- A new curtain divider for the gym; or repairs for the current curtain/motor
- Repairs for exterior of workout cage
- Updates electrical in cage so cardio equipment can be used
- Radio for weight room
- Successful Women Advising Youth (SWAY) - we are looking for successful women who wish to fund, educate and mentor girls in enterpreneurship, communication, soft skills, financial literacy, etc. (new program in the planning stages)
- Tech Loft - looking for a sponsor and/or grant to update our computers to provide software for the youth to educate themselves in their areas of interest such as interior design, fashion design, automotive repair, architectural, and programming of computers
We kindly accept donations Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.